Solar Panel Installers in Devon
You have found installers of Solar Panels (PV) in Devon. The following companies are all solar panel installers serving Devon. View full company profiles for more details on their experience and to get a feel for their skills, accreditations and past work.
Solar Panels in Devon
How it all Works
- As well as savings from generating your own electricity, the Feed in Tariff pays householders and businesses for every unit of electricity your panels generate.
- The current FIT rate for installations up to 10kW supplying power to a grid connected building is 3.86 p/kWh.
- An additional tariff of 5.24 p/kWh is paid for unused electricity you "export" to the grid.
- Your system must be installed by an MCS accredited installer.
- Your installer should be able to help with the application process and explain any requirements
How Much do Solar Panels Cost in Devon
A solar panel installation will vary in cost based on factors like the size of the system, the type of panel used and perhaps access issues. As a rule of thumb you can expect to pay between £5,000 and £8,000 for a 4kWp domestic system, with the median cost last year of £6,804.
How Much Can You Earn in Devon
Choose system size to see sample returns:
- Predicted electricity generation is estimated and averaged over a selection of locations in Devon for installations facing between SE and SW.
- Feed in Tariff income is calculated at a rate of 3.86 p/kWh.
- Export income is calculated at the export rate of 5.24 p/kWh.
- 50% on-site usage is assumed.
- Electricity savings based on an electricity unit price of 16.39p.
Find Installers in Devon
Solar panels are a significant investment, so it's important that you find the right installer for you. We recommend that you get quotes from at least 3 different installers.
Compare Installers Yourself
Use our directory to compare accredited solar panel installers in Devon. You can browse companies, see details of their experience and customer feedback. Shortlist companies to contact them quickly and easily.Find Solar Installers in Devon
Get 3 Solar Quotes
If you prefer, we can do some of the work for you and put you in touch with 3 accredited solar installers. The installers will then telephone you to arrange a site visit so they can provide an accurate quote.Get 3 Solar Quotes
Public Policy in Devon
Devon County Council’s Energy Policy and Action Plan commits the authority to reduce its energy consumption from corporate buildings, street lighting and transport by at least 2% per year to achieve a 30% reduction from 2012/13 levels by 2030, together with providing 30% of remaining energy consumption from renewable sources by the same date. A total package will reduce carbon emissions by about 50%.