Green Business Watch UK recognizes and respects the privacy of users of its web site. To better protect your privacy, we are providing this Policy to explain our online information practices and the way that we may collect and use information from you.
The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a data subject shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). By means of this data protection declaration, we would like to inform you of the nature, scope, and purpose of the personal data we collect, use and process. Furthermore, data subjects are informed, by means of this data protection declaration, of the rights to which they are entitled.
What you will find in this policy
- Name and address of the Data Controller
- What personal information do we collect about you and why?
- Newsletter subscriptions
- Enquiries to installers
- Website usage data
- Google AdWords and Facebook remarketing tags
- Your rights as a data subject
- How long do we keep your personal information?
Name and address of the Data Controller
Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
T/A Green Business Watch
6-9 Trinity Street
Tel: +44 (0)20 3290 9427
Contact for any requests or enquiries you may have regarding data protection is:
6-9 Trinity Street
Tel: +44 (0)20 3290 9427
What personal information do we collect about you and why?
Users are given the opportunity via the Green Business Watch website to subscribe to our email newsletter which is sent periodically. A valid email address is required for the delivery of the newsletter and is the only personal data we collect for this purpose. If you have subscribed to our newsletter, your email address will only be used for the purposes of delivering the newsletter to you. You may unsubscribe at any time. Green Business Watch will not sell, lease, or rent its mailing list to third parties.
Enquiries to installers
- Our Installer Directory section allows visitors to shortlist and contact renewable energy installers.
- Should you choose to contact one or more companies through our site we will share your personal data with the companies you requested to contact.
- We will not share your personal data with anyone other than the companies you requested to contact.
- Should you request it, our quote service will put you in touch with up to 3 accredited installers in your local area.
- Information you provide in requesting our quote service will be shared directly with up to 3 installers, as requested, so that they can contact you and arrange quotes.
- Your contact details will not be shared with anyone else.
- We may use a summary description of your job to show visitors recent projects from their area. These summaries will not contain any personal information
Website usage data
Green Business Watch keeps track of the pages our customers visit within this site, in order to monitor and improve the operation of our site. For the most part, this information is not personally-identifiable.
This website uses Google AdWords and Facebook remarketing tags
We have implemented Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising (Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). We will use the data provided by Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to develop the site and content around the interests of our users.
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/
Your rights as a data subject
You have the legal right to:
- gain access to any personal information we hold about you;
- update any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any personal information which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process your personal information;
- prevent the processing of your personal information for direct-marketing purposes;
- provide your personal information to a third-party provider of services;
- provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you;
- object to our use of your personal information; or
- give instructions on the management of your personal information after your death.
If you would like further information in relation to these or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using the details at the top of this page. We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within any time period required by applicable law).
How long do we keep your personal information?
If you subscribe to our newsletter list your information will be retained for as long as you remain subscribed (in order to facilitate the delivery of the email newsletter). You can unsubscribe at any time and every newsletter will include a link allowing you to go to the website and do so.
If you provide your personal information in order to enquire to one or more installers, or request installers to contact you through our quote request service, we will retain your personal data in order to transfer it and ensure adequate follow up and support. We will not retain your personal data for longer than 3 months.
Changes to this Statement
Green Business Watch will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback and the development of the site. Green Business Watch encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Green Business Watch is protecting your information.
We welcome your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Green Business Watch has not adhered to this Statement, please contact us here.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
Last Updated: 25th May, 2018